Address: Russell Reservation
4927 Happy Valley Road,
Lafayette, CA, 94549-2431
Longitude: -122 09.4 East
Latitude: 37 55.1 North
Elevation: 304 m
Directions to Leuschner
From the Campus (use
Alternate route in rush hour)
* Take Gayley Road from the East gate of campus to
* Take a left onto Ashby, this road turns into
* Take Highway 24 East and go through the Caldecott
* Take the ORINDA exit
* Turn left on Camino Pablo and go under the freeway
* Go 2.3 miles and turn right on Bear Creek Road
* Go 4.2 miles and turn right on Happy Valley Road
(marked by a sign for Lafayette)
* Go 0.5 mile to gate near 160 degree right hand
turn saying Russell Tree Reservation .
* Enter gate and go straight past resident managers
* Go 0.3 mile and turn left at tree with sign saying
Alternate route from campus
Go through Tilden park, past Inspiration Point, down Wildcat Canyon
road, go across Camino Pablo (San Pablo Dam Road) and then join Bear
Creek Road (step 5 above).
Take Hwy 24 East to Acalanes exit (two past the Orinda exit) then go
under the freeway, to the Upper Happy Valley Road. Follow this road
until it ends and take a left on Happy valley and drive North until you
get to the gate (Step 9 above).
From the East (Walnut Creek, Concord, or Livermore)
* From westbound Hwy 24 take the Central Lafayette
* Take left on Deer Hill road past BART (0.4 mi)
* Take right on Happy Valley Road and drive 3.5 mi.
* You are now at the gate in step 9 above
For those daring people who have a map and are willing to become lost.
* 680 North
* Highway 4 East
* Take Alhambra Avenue exit and take a left
* Go 0.4 mile and take right at stoplight on
Alhambra Valley Road
* Go 1.3 mi take right at T intersection on Alhambra
valley road (Christmas tree farm)
* Go 5.0 mi.Take left at on Bear Creek Road (watch
out you can miss it no stop sign)
* Go 4.4 mi. Go beyond Briones park and take left on
Happy Valley Road
* Go 0.5 mile south on Happy Valley Road
* Enter at gate saying Russell Reservation
When entering the Russell Tree farm
* Leave the gate in the state in which you found it.
* If the gate is locked, please lock it
* Please drive SLOWLY and quietly (there are
* NO SMOKING anywhere (even outside).
* Don't park off pavement (it might start a fire)