- sample.tex - A text
file that can be compiled by latex
- 2dgaussian.ps - A postscript
image required for sample.tex
This is the output from the two files above (sample.tex and sample.ps).
To see your nicely-formatted document grow as you work, See the steps below:
- LaTeX Math Symbols - A link to a nice LaTeX math symbols site
1. To get a dvi file:
Note: After latex sample is finished you a
message, Latex Warning.
These warning tells you that sample.tex
must be compiled again.
To eliminate the warnings, run the same command again, latex sample.
2. To see the dvi file:
xdvi sample &
2. To see the updated dvi file
after redoing ``latex sample'':
left mouse click on the dvi image
3. To convert the dvi file to a
4. To see the postscript file:
gv sample &
5. To print a postscript file
command line type: